Is SEO right for you? If you’ve been considering whether your business can benefit from SEO services, you’re not alone. According to UpCity, 78% of businesses are prioritising SEO in 2022. In this article, we’ll look at how to work out the answer to your question of do you need SEO.
Who Needs SEO Services – A Self-Diagnosis Tool
Let me share my self-diagnosis tool.
When SEO agencies try to help you decide if SEO is right for you, they often focus on technical details, like budget and time expectations. Yes, if you expect to rank within a few weeks in a highly competitive niche with an investment of $500/month, SEO is not for you.
But forget about all of that.
Let’s take a step back and discuss if SEO is even something your company should consider.
Business Types that Need SEO vs. Businesses that Don’t Need to Do SEO
To work out whether your business is one of the companies who need SEO, ask yourself the following key question:
What are your goals for your website?
- “When people reach out for my services, I give them the link so they can check out sample work/ my menu/ various class options. “
- You don’t need SEO.
- “If people search for my name or my business name, I want them to find me.”
- You need basic, one-time SEO to ensure your site is being crawled and is easily understood by search engines.
- “If people search for the products or services I offer, I want them to find me.”
- You need full SEO. If it’s not a very competitive niche, you may be able to get away with highly optimized sales pages and no blog. Otherwise, you’ll need a full SEO and content marketing strategy and should be publishing content frequently on your site.
- “I want my target audience to find me… but they have never heard of my product or service!”
- You need a full SEO and content marketing strategy – but with a twist. Instead of focusing on the service you offer, focus on what your target audience ARE searching for. What are their pain points, which KPIs are they trying to improve, and what solutions are they aware of and searching for? Creating content around this will get your solution seen by the people who need it most.
So, do YOU Need SEO?
If the answer is “yes”, what do you do next?
It depends on what type of SEO services you need. If you only need basic SEO and have the time and determination to devote to working out how to do it yourself, go ahead.
For the full SEO package, you will have to decide whether it makes more sense to do SEO in-house vs. outsourcing. Both have pros and cons depending on the service you offer and your assets – time, team, budget and more.
If you do decide to hire an SEO expert to guide you and implement the strategy, you can reach out to one of our dedicated SEO professionals at the Imperial Rank team for a no-obligation chat to see how we can help you.
Conclusion: Does My Business Need SEO?
Before you dive into the deep end and swim in the Olympic-sized SEO pool, take a step back. Use my self-diagnoses tool above and ask yourself: do you need SEO? Once you have discovered whether your business is one of the companies who need SEO and what type of SEO service you require, you can decide on your plan of action.
If you want further guidance on how to decide, “Does my business need SEO?”, contact our friendly and helpful SEO team and we’ll be happy to help advise you.